Saturday 22 April 2017

Michael Learns to Rock



Michael Learns to Rock (also known as MLTR) was one of the most popular band during our schooldays. It is a Danish pop/soft rock band. Formed in 1988 and they have sold more than 11 million records over the course of their career. With romantic lyrics and melodious tunes all of their songs were very popular in India. Not only romantic people, even the heartbroken ones also loved MLTR songs. Recently they had a very successful concert in 4 cities in India. Fans in Gurgaon, Guwahati, Dimapur and Kolkata had the opportunity to hear MLTR's melodious tunes as part of their 25th anniversary tour.

I have an interesting memory about one of their songs titled “That's Why You Go Away”. It’s a beautiful song, and the lyric too catchy.

"
Baby won't you tell me why there is sadness in your eyes
I don't wanna say goodbye to you
Love is one big illusion I should try to forget
But there is something left in my head
You're the one who set it up now you're the one to make it stop
I'm the one who's feeling lost right now
Now you want me to forget every little thing you said
But there is something left in my head
I won't forget the way you're kissing
The feeling's so strong were lasting for so long
But I'm not the man your heart is missing
That's why you go away I know
You were never satisfied no matter how I tried
Now you wanna say goodbye to me
Love is one big illusion I should try to forget
But there is something left in my head
I won't forget the way you're kissing
The feeling's… 
"

We were in grade eleven. Our senior batch was about to leave school. It was farewell time. Like everywhere else in our case also it was the immediate junior’s responsibility to organize the farewell party. It was an emotional moment. We knew that now our seniors would move ahead in life. Next year we would be in their place. It was fun time. Lot of music, dance and some laughter mingled with tears. I and my friends were eagerly waiting for a chorus song to be performed by the girls of our grade.  The song was none other than MLTR’s "That's Why You Go Away". We heard the girls practicing for the last one week. The particular song was selected by our English ma'am. We were very confused. 

"The song is just too romantic. How does it fit for a school farewell event? I mean just look at the lyrics – "I won't forget the way you're kissing"

But our English ma’am was just too intelligent. A simple amendment to the lyrics made it a perfect farewell song. She simply manipulated three words and the song just turned into an exclusive dedication from the immediate junior girls to the senior boys. 

"
Baby  Brother won't you tell me why there is sadness in your eyes
I don't wanna say goodbye to you
Love is one big illusion I should try to forget
But there is something left in my head
You're the one who set it up now you're the one to make it stop
I'm the one who's feeling lost right now
Now you want me to forget every little thing you said
But there is something left in my head
I won't forget the way you're kissing blessing
The feeling's so strong were lasting for so long
But I'm not the man sister your heart is missing
That's why you go away I know
You were never satisfied no matter how I tried
Now you wanna say goodbye to me
Love is one big illusion I should try to forget
But there is something left in my head
I won't forget the way you're kissing blessing
The feeling's… 
"

The girls performed really well on stage, and some of them were laughing too.



Now listen to this wonderful song:







Grab a copy of my debut book Story of Tublu from Amazon or Flipkart. It is a Contemporary Fiction novel, published by LiFi Publications Pvt Ltd. The book has its share of drama, that entertains; humor, that makes one reminisce; love, friendship and emotions that defines the amazing journey that is, life.




5 comments:

  1. MLTR was an anthem in our growing up years too :) in fact, i love them still.
    yeah your English teacher genius editor haan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was like an anthem :) Their songs are melodious. Yes, our English teacher was a genious. Thanks a lot for dropping by Sujatha!!

      Delete
  2. I never heard of that band before. I thought the song was nice. When I finished primary school, my class had to sing a song to the school. The teacher changed the lyrics of the song too to make it more appropriate for a school setting. One of the lyric changes was instead of 'tattoos of memories' into 'good friends and memories'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never heard of MLTR? They were so famous in the Nineties. Nice to know you also experienced some change of lyrics in school days :)

      Delete
  3. Nice blog !!! Awesome posts & information, i had Liked Your Blog & way Of Writing The Posts In Your website,Please Share More Information in Your Blog,Keep Going On And All The Best
    http://sattaweb.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...